YWCA IS ON A MISSION
YWCA Billings is dedicated to saving and changing lives. We offer women and children safe shelter, and affordable housing with transitional services that offer a hand up rather than a hand out—helping people gain solid footing and break out of the cycles of violence and poverty. We are also committed to YWCA USA’s mission to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
Adults enrolled in YWCA programs benefit from life-changing services at no charge.
- Case Management
- Legal Services for Civil Matters
- Skills Training, Education, and Job-Finding
- Clinical Services Counseling
- Financial Counseling / Credit Repair
- Housing Assistance
Gateway Vista Apartments will offer these same services and affordable housing.
Here’s how YWCA made a difference for people this year.
- 9,586 nights of safe shelter were provided to adults and children
- 1,102 people were given individualized support for their greatest needs
- 3,113 callers on YWCA’s 24-hour help line received counseling and referrals to assistance
- 87 survivors of sexual assault — including children — were accompanied to the hospital
- 88 victims of domestic and sexual violence received consultation on civil legal matters such as obtaining orders of protection, child custody and advocacy related to criminal victimization
- 183 victims received case management to assist with planning for independence and sustainability
- 78 adults obtained training and employment with a focus on serving people in areas with exceedingly high unemployment
- 112 people secured safe, stable housing
- 331 hours of professional counseling were provided to 51 victims of violence to address the trauma of their abuse
- 2,927 volunteer hours were provided to support victims of violence and sexual assault
- 160 hours were spent delivering community educational outreach and collaborating with partner agencies