YWCA’s Reaching Every Woman®
program extends a hand to women in crisis.
As a supporter you can help change lives!
Reaching Every Woman® Informational Outreach includes
- “Help is Available” messaging on the YWCA website and Facebook page
- Radio and television commercials and public service announcements
- Social media to reach young women
- Billboards, bus stop signs and bus banners
- College and high school campus outreach
- Informational posters in hospitals and doctors’ offices; bars, taverns
and restaurants; beauty salons; and other frequently visited public spaces; tavern and bar coaster advertising
Individual Support to People in Crisis
- Help-Line answered 24 hours a day
- Individual advocacy and counseling
- Two-way text communications
- Free toolkits that guide women in finding safety and creating positive change
Help us reduce the number of times a woman must be hurt before she takes action — or loses her life.
- $20,000 and up will help build 48 affordable housing apartments for women and children victims of violence and poverty
- $15,000 will provide the 750 hours of trained advocate support needed to answer and counsel the 3,000+ calls that come into the YWCA help line annually—some from people in life-threatening situations
- $10,000 will safely house a woman and her children for a year
- $7,500 will provide 75 victims in the shelter with new phones to protect their identity
- $5,000 will provide the classes, books, and the uniforms needed for a single mom to be trained to be a Medical Assistant, assuring a good paying job
- $2,500 will provide one month of support for people in immediate crisis with danger assessments and safety plans through a collaborative effort of YWCA and Billings Police Department
- $1,000 will provide 625 women and children with transportation to get to job interviews, doctor appointments, court hearings, and more
- $500 will provide legal consultation and assistance for a victim who needs an order of protection and a parenting plan to safeguard her and her children
- $250 will assist a victim of sexual assault with caring support and counseling while hospitalized for a forensic exam
- $100 will provide one night of safe shelter, food, toiletries and other essentials for a victim of domestic abuse or human trafficking
The Reaching Every Woman project is made possible by funding from St. Vincent Mission Fund and other community partners and donors, as well as the Department of Justice Office on Violence Against Women.