YWCA Billings is now accepting applications for the 2023 Salute to Student Scholarship! Finalists will receive a $5,000 scholarship for Fall 2023.
Women students in Yellowstone, Big Horn, Carbon, Custer, Musselshell, Rosebud, Stillwater, and Treasure Counties who are enrolled in a degree program at any accredited 2-year or 4-year college or university, and who have not previously been awarded a Salute to Student Scholarship.
Criteria for Consideration
- Application and other required materials must be submitted BY 11:59 PM ON WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2023.
- Two letters of recommendation and completed essays that demonstrate the student’s dedication to the YWCA Mission to save and change lives through
- Empowering women
- Building strong families for a better community
- Working for peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all
- NOTE: Each letter of reference should be from a teacher, professor, school counselor, advisor, or employer (no family members). Letters need to include signatures from reference and can be attached using the form uploads in the online application or mailed to YWCA at 909 Wyoming Ave, Billings, MT 59101
- A minimum 3.0 GPA (or Montana HiSET score equivalent) and a record of self-motivation and perseverance in the academic environment. Performance is based on the academic transcript and letters of recommendation.
- An in-person interview for those selected as semi-finalists. Not all applicants will be interviewed.
- YWCA Billings Board Members, the Chief Executive Officer, and their families are not eligible to apply.
Instructions to Applicants
- Use this word doc to prepare your application. The online form will NOT save your work!
- Once your application and supporting materials are completed, click the button below to submit.
DUE BY WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2023 BY 11:59 PM
If you have any issues with the online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance