SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) volunteers provide support to survivors of sexual violence during forensic rape examinations at Billings Clinic.
Key responsibilities include:
- Attend SANE orientation and training
- Providing compassionate and empowering support and advocacy through the medical process
- Signing up for on-call shifts,
- Responding to SANE activations while on-call
- Completing and returning documentation in a thorough and timely manner
- Willingness to seek additional education and training
If you would like to help survivors, please complete and submit a YWCA Volunteer Application. If accepted, you will complete the SANE training, and sign up for the days/hours you are available to volunteer. These are on-call positions and forensic evidence collection exams are conducted 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For further information, please contact Debbie, Services Navigator, at 406-252-6303 ext. 122.